About IIT JAM Exam
IIT-JAM stands for Indian Institute of Technology – Joint Admission Test for M.Sc. A graduate aspirant who is willing to pursue Master’s degree from India’s reputed IIT’s need to qualify this entrance test.
Every year more than 55,000 candidates aim for admission to IITs, NITs, IISERS by appearing in country’s top M.Sc. Entrance Exam i.e. IIT JAM Exam. In this article, we offer complete guide for cracking IIT JAM exam along with expert tips from those who actually cracked Joint Admission Test for M.Sc.
Details about IIT JAM 2019
- JAM (Joint Admission Test) 2019 will be held on 10th February 2019.
- IIT JAM 2019 will be conducted by IIT Kharagpur. Last year, IIT Bombay conducted JAM 2018 Exam.
- IIT JAM Application forms will be available soon on official website
|IIT JAM Application Form – Important Dates|
|Online Application Process Started||5th September 2018|
|Closure of Online Application Proces||12th October 2018 (Extended)|
|IIT JAM 2019 Exam Dates||10th February 2019|
|Announcement of JAM 2019 Result||20th March 2019|
- It is the first time when IIT Varanasi, IIT Bhilai and IIT Palakkad are offering admission through JAM 2019.
- A candidate can apply for at most two test papers in IIT JAM Exam.
The application fee for IIT JAM 2019 is as follows:
Female/SC/ST/PwD – ₹ 750 (for one paper), ₹ 1050 (for two papers)
All Others – ₹ 1500 (for one paper), ₹ 2100 (for two papers)
- The application fee for IIT JAM 2019 is as follows:
- The online examination will be held in two sessions. The schedule for different test papers of JAM 2019 is given below.
|Session||Time||Test Papers and Codes|
|I||9:00 AM to 12:00 Noon||Biological Sciences (BL)
|II||2:00 PM to 5:00 PM||Biotechnology (BT)
Mathematical Statistics (MS)
- The application forms are currently under scrutiny. Candidates may wait until the scrutiny process is completed. For those candidates whose applications need to be rectified, will be contacted by e-mail/SMS. The changes in in photo/signature/other supporting documents can be rectified later.
If you are willing to pursue career in Pure Sciences and Research, then IIT JAM is the perfect M.Sc. Entrance Test for you. It offers 1000+ seats in pioneer IITs and IISC for Master’s in Science and Ph.D. Courses.
You will find several IIT JAM Coaching Institute Center in Delhi, but Alchemist Science Academy is one of the best coaching centers. It is a renowned science academy and their goal is to provide the best education and guidance, for the preparation of IIT-JAM & GATE Chemistry and other competitive entrance exams.